Project Manager Role
Probase Limited is a leading FINTECH Company in Zambia with a clientele ranging from Government, Banks, Pension Houses, etc. WE are looking to recruiting a Project Manager for yet another one of our Ground Breaking Solutions for a Financial Institution within Zambia.
To coordinate the implementation of a large scale financial technology project to be delivered for one of our clients in the financial services industry. The project manager should have ability and experience of having delivered complex multi-disciplinary technology projects especially in the financial services industry and should have a wide and deep understanding of banking products, services, operations and industry rules, policies and guidelines.
They should have been qualified and experienced in one of the internationally recognised Project management methodologies / frameworks such as PRINCE2, PMBOK. They will be responsible for delivery on the objectives of the Client business case within the stipulated timelines and budget and ensuring that the required benefits are realised by the business
They should be mature with strong leadership and influencing skills, able to engage various stakeholders at difference organisation levels especially at senior management levels.
Scope of Engagement
Planning: – Ensuring that all relevant plans for the project are designed and published and proactively managed in conjunction with relevant project stakeholders.
Directing: – The Project Manager shall be responsible for issuing work assignments to project teams and members and ensuring that they are delivered according to planned standards of quality and within the timelines. They will be responsible for establishing, managing and coordinating all assignments necessary for the effective management of the Project Management Office (including) Project Office resources.
Expertise: – The Project Manager shall be required to have had expertise in relevant fields especially in business, management, banking, finance, technology, project management or similar preferably having been qualified up to Bachelor’s degree level.
They should have been qualified and experienced in one of the internationally accepted project management methodology such as PRINCE 2 Practitioner, ITIL, and Project Management Professional or should have a relevant project management degree or equivalent from a recognised institution. They will be required to provide project management expertise in identifying, evaluating requirements and developing methods for implementing business and technology change using transformation procedures and Business rules that are efficient, effective and meet good business practice.
The Project manager shall be responsible for ensuring that there is a robust and structured communication within the project environment, demonstrating and leading the engagement at senior management level with project sponsors and key Stakeholders across participating institution. They shall be responsible for preparing and delivering project management briefings and reports at all levels of the business ensuring that these are relevant and timely and that decision and actions at various fora are being incorporated in the project plans for onward execution and feedback.
The project manager shall also be responsible for leading the other project team members and ensuring and for coaching, mentoring and assisting project team members in applying best practices in Project management and business change. They will ensure that there are sufficient rules and guidelines to support coordination of work streams and teams to ensure there is structured synchronised delivery across the teams while keeping sight of the project goals.
The Project manager shall also ensure that the client organisation is sufficiently supported to implement the technology and business change being delivered by the project and that there will be sufficient capacity to effectively manage the transition and benefits realisation. 6
They should be familiar with the industry rules especially the banking and financial services act, and subsidiary regulations and industry guidelines to ensure that the project is being delivered in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Has a professional and/or academic qualification in Project Management, Program Management, and Business Management, Technology or other relevant and related field of study.
- Delivering the Project Solutions to the Business
- Leading the Project Management Team & People Management
- Communicating and Reporting
- People Management
- Project Risk management and Control
Technical skills / Competencies
- Technical writing skills producing clear and unambiguous deliverables. The Project Manager must be able to design, develop and compile and publish:
a. Research / Feasibility Documents
b. Business proposals
c. Project proposal
d. Business Requirements Documents
e. Business Case Document
f. Project Plan
g. Status Reports
h. Communications plan
i. Project Health Check reports
- The Project Manager should be competent in understanding and applying the principles of project and product governance as required by client organisation and the Industry Regulators Such as Bank of Zambia, etc.
- Must be competent in using Project Management applications such as MS Project for design, planning and management of complex projects and programmes:
- Should be able to use acceptable standards of practice, and principles of project Management as recommended by competent and established Project Management Institutions; such as APM & PMI.
- Should understand and apply the Client standard of internal Risk and compliance requirements and incorporate these in project planning, and execution.
- Should have knowledge of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles such as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Six Sigma
- Should have ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments and delegate effectively to ensure that there is a smooth transition of responsibility and sufficient oversight to maintain a health delivery of the promise to the business and other stakeholders.
- Should have leadership skills to have the right level of influence on their project Teams, while maintaining discipline and commitment. The PM will be responsible for development of their team members with the right set of skills and knowledge to effectively manage assigned project roles.
An experienced business, technology and project management practitioner preferably qualified at practitioner level (e.g. PRINCE 2 practitioner, ITIL Level 3, PMP, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent)
valid till 13/04/18